I GOT the call!
Grandma Daleen, “I would like a cooking apron for my birthday, please.”
Makes my heart sing and then:
- Rub hands together in anticipation.
- Go to fabric store and find “owl” fabric.
- Prepare a large and wonderful cup of coffee.
- Turn on the light & plug in the string of flying pig lights in the sewing room & turn on sewing machine.
- Give the dog a cookie and say to her, “let’s get this done”.
When a perfect grandgirlie is about to turn 5 years old, this Grandma’s need to jump into action.
Early this morning, a box was mailed several states away. Oodles of wrapped birthday surprises. A little gift for her sister as well.
Mr. Right said, hey, I never got a gift when it was my brother or sisters birthday. I said, you never had a Grandma like me!!!
Does the owl apron have a jingle bell sewn inside you ask? OF COURSE it has a jingle bell. Makes little chefs want to twirl, jump, hop & twist to see if they can make the bell jingle. Does it have a jingle bell? Such a silly question.
What comes with apron you ask? Um, (felt) food of course. A chef has to be able to cook and prepare all sorts of goodies.
This gift comes complete with Sushi, pancakes, eggs, a donut, peanut butter and jelly on toast, 3 kinds of pasta and an ice cream sandwich.
The perfect feast for a Birthday girl!
Tomorrow, I’ll share the tooth fairy pillow I sewed for her as well.
When this grandma “get’s the call” she rolls up her sleeves and gets to work.