June is knocking on the door, six months into the new year & about 180 days into my sewing goal.
I thought I would give you a quick update on my pin cushion project of 2017.
In case you need to catch up, zip over to this post. I decided to stitch birthday pin cushions this year.
To date I have made & given 8 pin cushions. Another one is sitting in a basket waiting for backing fabric and a new one is currently being stitched.
So we are almost 6 months into the year and I have 10 pin cushions almost under my belt.
Some observations so far this year:
- I have not given one cushion in person. Giving hand-made gifts that you don’t get to see the person open, is over rated. Most likely won’t do again (except my grands and family).
- I have a love of handmade stitchy gifts/projects, that is not the case with most everyone else.
- It is way more time (hours & hours, even a few days), energy, effort then I calculated. Hard to stay motivated at times. To mail in a timely fashion, I have to prepare and stitch a month or so before the person’s birthday.
- Making two the same is not that thrilling.
- I love choosing the perfect buttons.
- I have had to put some other larger counted cross stitch projects on the back burner, while I attempt to make all these pin cushions.
- Being thoughtful is at times, hard work.
I think I needed this project to remind myself to be more kind and thoughtful towards others, even when I don’t feel like it. A lesson I won’t soon forget.
I would love to hear what gifts you are making for friends. Maybe we could encourage each other?
Please share, in this together friends.